Thursday, December 30, 2010
Thursday, December 23, 2010
Under the instruction of Ms. Rochelle Agnew and Ms. Michelle Bitler, students from Eden Christian Academy's Strings program as well as Winchester Thurston Strings program delight audiences by performing at Pristine Pines assisted living home as well as Eden Strings students performing for Eden's inter-school Chapel. Pictured above are Josh Larsen, Hope Wiggins, and Heather Nguyen of Berkley Hills, Caeley McMillen and Anna Smith of Wexford.
Wednesday, December 15, 2010
|Haley performs at CYM's Ensemble recital in November. Photo compliments of Richard Spear.|
Congratulations to Haley Raphael as she prepares her graduation from Suzuki Violin Book Six! Haley's graduation recital is set to take place Tuesday, December 14th at 6:30 p.m. in the downstairs group room in Wexford. Family, friends, and CYM families are invited to attend her recital. Congratulations, Haley!
...A very happy Haley Raphael after her Graduation Recital! Congratulations again, and thank you to all in attendance!
Friday, December 10, 2010
CYM is delighted to feature our violin and cello departments at the Phipps Conservatory Candlelight Evenings performances on Sunday, December 19th from 3:00-4:00 pm. A link to Phipps schedule of performances is listed here.
For those performing that afternoon, here are the details for the event:
- When: Sunday, December 19th, 3:00-4:15 pm *Performer arrival time is 2:30 pm
- Where: Palm Court (after you pass the entrance area, it is the very first large domed space when you go up the stairs)
- Entry: A limited amount of complimentary tickets are available to student family members. This does not include student performers- they get in free of charge, no ticket needed. Two tickets per student performer are reserved for their family members. Extra tickets will be held only for families who request an extra on a first come, first served. Request extra tickets by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Upon entering Phipp’s, families are to meet in the welcome area where faculty will get a head count and distribute complimentary passes to family before entering the Palm Court. Autumn will be holding those tickets and keeping track of who needs/has them/has requested extra.
- Buying tickets: For those family members who need to purchase extra tickets for their family, general admission is $12, seniors $11. They are available at the ticket office in the welcome area.
- Dress: Concert attire of all black or black and white is appropriate.
- Setup: Our performance is located at the very front and center of the Palm Court. We are to provide our own seats and stands- all students are to bring their own stand, cellists are to bring their cello stool. Families are encouraged to watch the performance from the perimeter of the area.
Everyone is welcome to attend this exciting performance and enjoy the beautiful botanical display at the conservatory. See you there!
Monday, December 6, 2010
We are delighted that Richard Spear took these beautiful photos of last weekend's performance at PPG Wintergarden as well as gorgeous shots of CYM's Fall Ensemble Rectial in November.
To see the full gallery and to purchase pictures from Richard Spear Photography, click on the links below. To access each gallery, the password is CYM:
Wednesday, December 1, 2010
|CYM Violinists at Wintergarden 2009.|
The first snow of the year is falling, the holiday season is fast approaching, and we are looking forward to a fantastic weekend of performances once again! Here is your road map for all you need to know for this weekend's performances at Sewickley's Light Up Night and PPG Wintergarden:
Sewickley Light Up Night, Friday, December 3rd
- Where? At the Sewickley Library located at Broad and Thorn Streets in Sewickley. Students are to meet at the Fiction Room to tune and prepare to play. The Fiction Room is located on the first floor.
- When? Students are to arrive at 5:30 p.m., our program is set to begin at 6:00 p.m. Please use the rear doors to enter the library before 6:00 p.m..
- What to wear and bring? Students are welcome to wear casual (including jeans!) and/or holiday attire. Students, don't forget to bring your instrument, music, and any needed accessories with you.
- Need to contact the teacher in charge? Contact Ms. Alicia at email@example.com or Ms. Michelle at firstname.lastname@example.org
PPG Wintergarden, Saturday, December 4th
- Where? At the Wintergarden at PPG Place in downtown Pittsburgh
- When? Students are to arrive at 2:30 p.m., our performance is set to begin at 3:00 p.m.
- What to wear and bring? Students are to dress for a solo performance and bring instrument, music, and needed accessories.
- Need to contact the teacher in charge?Contact Mr. Mark at email@example.com or Ms. Sonia at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Here is a great link for the layout of PPG building and where we will be playing: http://www.ppgplace.com/directions